Monday, October 28, 2013

Genie Wishes by Elisabeth Dahl J Dah



Genie Wishes is a story that tells of Genie Haddock Knuckle, a 5th grade girl, and her life in between childhood and her teenage life.  Her class has an election for a class blogger; Genie is picked to blog about what the class is doing throughout the year.  Her best friend Sarah starts to hang out with another girl, named Blair, who is all about makeup, shaving legs, bras, and deodorant.  Since Blair came around Genie is pressured to fit in with the “popular” crowd.  Will Genie lose Sarah to Blair forever or will Blair lose Sarah to Genie forever?  Read this tragic story to find out the ending.

I would recommend this book for 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grade girls. Even though it talks about girls who are in 5th grade, it would still teach 4th, 6th, and 7th grade girls a lesson, too.  This book taught me a very good lesson to be whoever I want to be not based on what other people think but what I personally think.  It also taught me to not be like Blair and to not be in a rush to grow up and to stay the way I am and when the time finally comes I will be prepared.  My Wish: is that everyone that reads this book gets something out of it like I did. 

By Laurel, fourth-grade reader

AR Level: 4.7
AR Points: 6

No comments: